Car Hire Malmo
Car hire in MalmöMalmö is the third largest city in Sweden - located in the southwestern area of Skåne. The city has over 300,000 inhabitants from more than 160 different countries – so has grown significantly since it was a small fishing village in 1100.
Avis car hire in Malmö – car rental locationsYou can hire a car from one of our multiple locations in Malmö – from the business centre in Stormgatan 6, the central station, Hyllie in the eastern part of Malmö, and the east train station. If you arrive at Malmö Sturup Airport, rent a car with Avis and just drive from the airport straight to Malmö.
Discover Malmö with your rental carSimply rent an Avis rental car at Kastrup airport in Copenhagen, or at the Sturup Airport in Malmö, and enjoy a comfortable drive from there to your selected destination. The Oresund Bridge makes a crossing from Denmark to Sweden (or vice versa) very convenient.
In Malmö, be sure to try a Swedish tradition - Fika - and take a coffee break in one of the many restaurants and cafes around Lilla Torg (Lilla square).
Also, take time to visit the beaches, as the 2.5-kilometer Ribersborg beach or West Port with its beach promenades features great views, great walks, and multiple restaurants and cafes.
Discover Malmö, Sweden with your rental car from Avis. We wish you a good trip!
Driving rules in SwedenWhich side of the road?
In Sweden, please drive on the right side of the road.
Country driving laws
- Do not use a mobile phone or GPS in any manner that could be deemed ‘detrimental to driving’
- In rural areas, you are likely to encounter animals such as moose and deer on the road. Please drive slowly and carefully, especially at night
- There is a congestion charge payable when driving in Stockholm and Goteborg/Gothenburg
- Dipped headlights must be used at all times
All speed signs will be in km/h.
For a standard Avis rental vehicle with no trailers:
- Urban areas: 50 km/h (31 mph)
- Rural areas: 70 km/h (mph)
- High speed roads (Motortrafikled): 90 km/h (55 mph)
- Motorways (Motorväg): 110 km/h (80 mph)
Unless indicated by road signs.
Child safety / Seatbelt laws
- It is compulsory for the driver and all passengers to wear a seatbelt
- Children aged under 8 and less than 135cm tall must be seated in an appropriate child restraint for their size
- A child must never sit in a seat with an active airbag
Please note - It is the child’s parent / guardian or vehicle renter’s responsibility to fit the child seat.
This road rules information is for provided for general guidance only. We endeavour to keep the information up to date and accurate, but any reliance you place on this information is at your own risk.