Avis Fuel Options
Save time and money on fuelWhen you collect your Avis hire car it will have a full tank of petrol. Return it with a full tank after your trip and there’ll be nothing to pay.
To take the hassle out of refuelling, we also offer other fuel options. You can choose Fuel Up Front and order a full tank of petrol or diesel before you go at the average market pump price. Or, you can take advantage of EZ Fuel, which suits shorter journeys.
Fuel Up Front can be added when you book online. (Once you've selected your vehicle group, you'll be asked to "Choose your extras". Fuel Up Front sits in the "Recommended Extras" box.)
You can also book Fuel Up Front, or add it to an existing booking, by calling our reservations line.
Read on to see which Avis fuel option works best for you.
Our fuel options in AustriaFor rentals with less than 120km we charge an EZ Fuel fee of €18 to compensate for the fuel used. This charge does not occur if the renter produces proof that the vehicle has been filled up.
A one-off fuelling fee of €21.82 will be charged in addition to the fuel costs if the car is not verifiably (receipt) being returned with a full tank. If fuel has been paid up front, no additional fuelling fee will occur.
Prices and products available may differ between countries. At premium locations like airports or train stations a surcharge applies (in Austria 17% of the rental price).
Fuel options from AvisBring Back Full
No charge – even if you took the Fuel Up Front or EZ Fuel options below when you picked up your car.
Fuel Up Front
Buy a full tank of fuel upfront – at the average market pump price – so you don’t have to refuel when you return.
Driving for 75 miles (120km) or less? For a pre-paid flat fee, Avis will take care of the refuelling.
Pay On Return
If you haven't got time to refuel and haven’t taken Fuel Up Front, we can do it for you. But this is the most expensive option.
The small print
- When you pick up your vehicle from an Avis hire station, our rental sales agent will explain the options to you and arrange the one which best suits your requirements.
- With Fuel Up Front, no refund is given for any unused fuel unless you Bring Back Full. If you return your car with a partially full tank you will not be entitled to a refund.
- For Pay On Return, the price includes both the cost of the fuel and a re-fuelling service surcharge, but you will only pay for the litres of fuel you use. (Check with a member of staff when collecting your hire car to confirm what the charges will be.)
- With EZ Fuel Avis will refuel your vehicle for a small fee if you have travelled 75 miles/120km or less. Prices vary depending on location. If you fill up anyway, bring the receipt when you drop the vehicle off and we'll refund this fee.
- For rentals in Cyprus, drivers who wish to Bring Back Full (with no extra charge) must produce a receipt from a petrol station within a 10km (6.2-mile) radius of the Avis rental station. If the tank isn't full, missing fuel is charged at local pump prices and a Refuelling Service Charge of 20.25 euros (inclusing VAT) will be applied. Fuel Up Front is also available in Cyprus.
- For rentals in Malta amd Gozo, all hire cars come loaded with half a tank of fuel. At the rental station drivers can purchase Fuel Up Front (fuel is offered at local pump prices) or Bring Back Half-Full at no extra charge. To Bring Back Half-Full, renters must return the car with a half-tank of fuel (a deposit will be charged at pick-up and deducted once the vehicle is returned refuelling as agreed). If the tank is less than half-full, missing fuel is charged at local pump prices and a Refuelling Service Charge of 25 euros (including VAT) will be applied.